- 2 cups torn fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 3/4 cup quartered fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, orange peel and ginger. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Arugula Salad
"This salad was so fresh and delicious! The first time I made it, I didn't have the orange juice concentrate, so I just squeezed the juice out of the orange. The second time, I added supremed orange slices. That made it extra delicious. I recommend using the slivered almonds. I tried it with sliced almonds and they were too thin to really add a crunch. My kids even like this salad. I highly recommend it! YUMMY!"
"This is one of my new favorites!"
"My friend made this but used an oil & vinegar vinaigrette instead. She put salmon fillets on top of each salad. The combination of the greens, cheese, strawberries, salmon and dressing was delicious"
"Strawberry salad is stellar!"
"DBoyer. Try using lemon or fruit juice instead."
"This recipe sounds wonderful, but I will have to find a substitute for the orange juice as I a allergic to oranges. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm listening."
"This is excellent; only add on I do is toasted Sesame Seeds."
"This delicious salad is now a favorite of my family! I used the baby spinach this time but will also try the arugula in the future. I lightly toasted the slivered almonds and left the red onion in slices. Instead of orange juice concentrate which I didn't have on hand, I used fresh squeezed orange juice, which naturally gave it a milder but fresher flavor."