Strawberry Arugula Salad
The combination of peppery arugula, sweet strawberries and robust feta cheese may sound unusual, but one bite wins over taste buds.Carala Horne, Meridian, Mississippi
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
- Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 106 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.