Strawberry Apple Pie Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples and strawberries; drizzle with lemon juice. Combine sugar and flour; sprinkle over fruit and toss lightly.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie place with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 336 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.