Strawberry Angel Trifle Recipe
I always get compliments when I bring this attractive and tasty trifle out of the refrigerator. Not only does it serve a big group nicely, I can make it ahead of time, too. —Lucille Belsham, Fort Fraser, British Columbia
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions; cool completely. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and 3/4 cup sugar in boiling water. Mash half of the strawberries; add to gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Slice remaining strawberries; stir into the gelatin.
- 2. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the gelatin mixture. Repeat. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over gelatin. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 313 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC