- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups boiling water
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions; cool completely. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and 3/4 cup sugar in boiling water. Mash half of the strawberries; add to gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour. Slice remaining strawberries; stir into the gelatin.
- Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the gelatin mixture. Repeat. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Spoon over gelatin. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Angel Trifle
Sort By :
"My Mom used to make this when I was a kid, I've been looking for the recipe for years. I love it!"
"Made this strawberry trifle and it was gone so fast. Huge hit. Will make aging and again."
"We love this but make it low sugar and low fat :) Still delicious!!"
"I would suggest draining the strawberry juice in the container for measuring the water. Then add water to the 2-cup line. This will add flavor and color to the gelatin and not waste the juice. Can't wait to try this recipe."