Strawberry Angel Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- For glaze, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and gelatin. Add water and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Cut half of the strawberries into quarters; fold into glaze.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in milk until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 4-qt. clear glass bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, glaze and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cut remaining strawberries in half and arrange over the top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Angel Dessert(14)
Sort By :
Melt in your mouth DELICIOUS! The taste buds loved this dessert big time. The only change I made was to use fresh raspberries and raspberry gelatine as that's what I had on hand. A keeper for sure and will definitely make it again and again!
This is delicious and I'll be making it again. I used raspberries and raspberry gelatin and substituted whipped cream for the whipped topping, after which success I won't hesitate to try other fruits as well. Next time I'll try leaving out the sweetened condensed milk or using half as much. Never thought I'd say it, but the milk makes it almost TOO rich and sweet! Nevertheless this is a recipe I'd pass on to friends.
This recipe has been requested the past 3 years for Christmas! It's delicious!!! I actually started switching out the angel food cake for pound cake. Even better!!!
OMG! This is ABSOLUTELY the best dessert I have EVER had! I fixed one for Thanksgiving and it was completely gone even before anyone had sat down to eat dinner. I actually had to make another one a few days later because I was craving it so bad! Awesomely awesome..that's really all I can say.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Berry Trifle >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >