Strawberry Angel Dessert Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5 cups angel food cake cubes
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and cold water; let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from the heat; add sugar. Stir until dissolved. Stir in undrained strawberries. Chill until partially thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Place cake cubes in a large bowl; pour strawberry mixture over cake and gently stir. Pour into an ungreased 8-in. square dish. Chill until firm. Garnish with fresh strawberries and mint if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Angel Dessert
Sort By :
This recipe is awesome
Refreshing for a post summer dinner. Super easy to make too. Any frozen berries will work.
Very good. Simple to make. Love the chunks of berries, I added more strawberries to the mix.