Strawberry Angel Delight Recipe
For a nice ending to a barbecue, offer slices of this tempting tunnel cake shared by Jean King of Anderson, California. "I found the recipe in an old cookbook," she recalls. TIP: "When making the filling, use any type of fruit you prefer," Jean says.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, combine the marshmallows, strawberries, pineapple and 1-1/2 cups whipped cream.
- 2. Cut a 1-in. slice off the top of the cake; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of cake, leaving a 1-in. shell. Set aside 1/2 cup strawberry mixture. Fill tunnel in cake with remaining strawberry mixture; replace cake top. Spread remaining whipped cream over top and sides of cake. Spread reserved strawberry mixture over the top. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Angel Delight
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC