Strawberry Almondine Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and strawberries until smooth. Spread over cooled crust and chill until firm. Spread whipped topping over strawberry mixture and sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 each: 187 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry Almondine
"I have a low-carbohydrate diet. For the crust, I substituted 1 tablespoon of sugar for the 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar. For the filling I replaced the sugar with Splenda. I do think it would have been better if I had used some sugar for the filling, as using all Splenda does leave a very slight aftertaste. I also used real whipped cream and did not add any sweetener. It was a good pie."