Strawberry Almondine Recipe
Strawberries are plentiful in this area in early summer. I developed this recipe to use up some berries that had been in my refrigerator for a few days. My family just loves it!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and strawberries until smooth. Spread over cooled crust and chill until firm. Spread whipped topping over strawberry mixture and sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC