Strawberries are plentiful in this area in early summer. I developed this recipe to use up some berries that had been in my refrigerator for a few days. My family just loves it!
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and
- butter. Spread on the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 8 minutes. Cool. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar,
- vanilla and strawberries until smooth. Spread over cooled crust and
- chill until firm. Spread whipped topping over strawberry mixture and
- sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.