Strawberries are plentiful in this area in early summer. I developed this recipe to use up some berries that had been in my refrigerator for a few days. My family just loves it!
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and butter. Spread on the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool. In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and strawberries until smooth. Spread over cooled crust and chill until firm. Spread whipped topping over strawberry mixture and sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Almondine in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p84
Reviews for Strawberry Almondine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review