Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Salad Recipe
The combination of strawberries, onions and a raspberry based dressing may seem odd, but it is delicious and different. This salad is very tasty and refreshing at picnics and summer meals…a recipe that has been shared many times with family and friends.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, onion and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 319 calories, 27 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC