The combination of strawberries, onions and a raspberry based dressing may seem odd, but it is delicious and different. This salad is very tasty and refreshing at picnics and summer meals…a recipe that has been shared many times with family and friends.
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red raspberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, strawberries, onion and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients; serve with salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Salad in Reminisce Extra May 2008, p53
Reviews for Strawberry, Onion and Romaine Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2010