Strawberry, Cucumber & Honeydew Salad Recipe
Strawberries and cucumbers together—I just love this combination! We used to eat a lot of cucumbers growing up in upstate New York. We'd get them, along with strawberries and melons, from fruit and veggie stands to make this sweet and tangy salad. —Melissa Mccabe, Long Beach, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 container (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup cubed honeydew (1/2-inch)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cucumber and honeydew. Chill until serving.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle over strawberry mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC