- 1 container (16 ounces) fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup cubed honeydew (1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cucumber and honeydew. Chill until serving.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Just before serving, drizzle over strawberry mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry, Cucumber & Honeydew Salad
"Although I liked the combination of the strawberries, melon and cucumber, I didn't feel the lime juice really worked in this. It's probably just me, as other reviewers loved it. But I had to add extra honey and even a little bit of sugar to offset the taste of the lime flavor. Nice salad, but if you're not a big fan of lime, I'd leave it out, which is what I will do next time. The honey flavor, however, is wonderful."
"Simple but very tasty. I liked the mix of cucumber with the fruit."
"I doubled the recipe for a larger party and everyone loved it. I will make this again."
"this is wonderful. I cut the honey down to 2 T. to get it to fit within my low carb diet. I also added about 5 or 6 fresh mint leaves and chilled a few hours to blend flavors. Beautiful and tasty and it doesn't heat up the kitchen. Also a very healthy recipe."