Strawberry & Wine Sorbet
Bright and refreshing, this grown-up treat tastes like you’re biting into a just-picked strawberry. White wine and lemon juice enhance its not-too-sweet flavor. —Donna Lamano, Olathe, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor; add sugar syrup.
- Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Strain and
- discard seeds and pulp. Transfer puree to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to
- freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 254 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.