Strawberry & Wine Sorbet Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Transfer puree to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 1 quart.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Strawberry & Wine Sorbet(4)
Sort By :
Good ingredients, a little too much sugar for my taste. I altered the procedures by simply preparing fresh strawberries by cleaning, removing tops, cutting off bottom points where so many seeds are concentrated and then FREEZING the strawberries in plastic ziplock bags. This eliminates all the muss and fuss and, once the sugar syrup has cooled, simply blend the ingredients together for an instant slushy drink. Different wines can be substituted. Perfect for a hot weather cooler.
Really good. Like a frozen daiquiri. Yummy
This was delicious, and so easy to make. It was a bit too sweet for me, so I think in the future I will cut down on the sugar and add more lemon juice. Maybe test out different wines, too
delicious and easy! I like to use strawberry sparkling wine to make it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >