Strawberry & Wine Sorbet Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor; add sugar syrup. Cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Transfer puree to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 1 hour or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Yield: 1 quart.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Strawberry & Wine Sorbet(3)
Sort By :
Really good. Like a frozen daiquiri. Yummy
This was delicious, and so easy to make. It was a bit too sweet for me, so I think in the future I will cut down on the sugar and add more lemon juice. Maybe test out different wines, too
delicious and easy! I like to use strawberry sparkling wine to make it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >