It is always a crowd-pleaser when I bring it to a potluck at school...I never have to bring leftover home.—Sharon Meyer, Fulton, Missouri
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2 heads leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sunflower kernels
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, 1/4 cup sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard and salt until sugar is completely dissolved; set aside.
- Place pecans in a small heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until nuts are toasted. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Break apart.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, strawberries, cheese, sunflower kernels and sugared pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry & Pecan Salad in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p35
Reviews for Strawberry & Pecan Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review