Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle
Fresh strawberries shine in this simple, but sophisticated delicacy. The balsamic vinegar syrup add an interesting sweet-savory quality to the dessert.Cathy McInnes, Randolph, New Jersey
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil; cook until
- liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- vanilla. Divide strawberries among four dessert plates. Top with
- cheese mixture; drizzle with balsamic mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup strawberries with 1/4 cup cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon balsamic drizzle equals 591 calories, 52 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.