Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Divide strawberries among four dessert plates. Top with cheese mixture; drizzle with balsamic mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup strawberries with 1/4 cup cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon balsamic drizzle: 591 calories, 52g fat (28g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.