Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Divide strawberries among four dessert plates. Top with cheese mixture; drizzle with balsamic mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup strawberries with 1/4 cup cheese mixture and 1 tablespoon balsamic drizzle equals 591 calories, 52 g fat (28 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.