Fresh strawberries shine in this simple, but sophisticated delicacy. The balsamic vinegar syrup add an interesting sweet-savory quality to the dessert.—Cathy McInnes, Randolph, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Divide strawberries among four dessert plates. Top with cheese mixture; drizzle with balsamic mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p103
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberries with Vanilla Mascarpone and Balsamic Drizzle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review