Strawberries with Crisp Wontons Recipe
- 4 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1. Brush both sides of wonton wrappers with melted butter. Place 2 tablespoon sugar in a shallow dish; press wontons into sugar to coat both sides. Cut each wonton in half diagonally.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and bake 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Toss strawberries with remaining sugar. Combine the whipped topping and five-spice powder. Divide the strawberries among four plates. Top each with whipped topping and two wonton pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.