Strawberries with Crisp Wontons Recipe
Five-spice powder and crisp sugar-dusted wontons lend an Asian flair to this refreshing dessert from our Test Kitchen staff. The sweet juicy berries paired with a spicy topping bring an elegant ending to any summer meal.
- 4 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1. Brush both sides of wonton wrappers with melted butter. Place 2 tablespoon sugar in a shallow dish; press wontons into sugar to coat both sides. Cut each wonton in half diagonally.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and bake 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Toss strawberries with remaining sugar. Combine the whipped topping and five-spice powder. Divide the strawberries among four plates. Top each with whipped topping and two wonton pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 200 calories, 8g fat (6g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Strawberries with Crisp Wontons
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC