Five-spice powder and crisp sugar-dusted wontons lend an Asian flair to this refreshing dessert from our Test Kitchen staff. The sweet juicy berries paired with a spicy topping bring an elegant ending to any summer meal.
- 4 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Brush both sides of wonton wrappers with melted butter. Place 2 tablespoon sugar in a shallow dish; press wontons into sugar to coat both sides. Cut each wonton in half diagonally.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Turn and bake 2 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Toss strawberries with remaining sugar. Combine the whipped topping and five-spice powder. Divide the strawberries among four plates. Top each with whipped topping and two wonton pieces. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberries with Crisp Wontons in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p10
Reviews for Strawberries with Crisp Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review