Just a sweet little something to top off any meal and make it special. These party-pretty bites are as easy to make as they are delicious. Try the strawberries as a refreshing fruit appetizer, too. —Lisa Huff, Wilton, Connecticut
- 1-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 18 large fresh strawberries, halved
- Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate. In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping and 1 tablespoon grated chocolate. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in the corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert #21 star pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream cheese mixture.
- Place strawberries on a serving platter, cut side up. Pipe cream cheese mixture onto strawberries. Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberries with Chocolate Cream Filling in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberries with Chocolate Cream Filling
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review