Strawberries with Chocolate Cream Filling Recipe
Just a sweet little something to top off any meal at all and make it special — from breakfast to dinner! These party-pretty bites are as easy to make as they are delicious. Try them as a refreshing fruit appetizer, too. Lisa Huff – Clive, IA
- 1-1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 18 large fresh strawberries, halved
- 1. Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate. In a microwave, melt remaining chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping and 1 tablespoon grated chocolate. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in the corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert #21 star pastry tip. Fill the bag with cream cheese mixture.
- 3. Place strawberries on a serving platter, cut side up. Pipe cream cheese mixture onto strawberries. Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC