80 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and vinegar. Cover and let
- stand for 1 hour. Transfer to a large saucepan. Stir in sugar. Bring
- to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- Strain and discard pulp. Pour liquid into sterilized jars and cover.
- Store in a cool dark place. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 15 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.