Strawberries and Romaine with Poppy Seed Dressing
I often include this recipe in our strawberry farm newsletter. I get so many compliments on this pretty mix of strawberries, lettuce and onion. The mayonnaise-based poppy seed dressing is actually nice and light.Laurie Andrews, Milton, Ontario
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Combine lettuce, berries and onion in a large bowl. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake well. Just
- before serving, pour over salad; toss lightly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.