Coming across a rich dip from Robin Alberts of Bruce Crossing, Michigan did more than wet our test cooks' appetites. It prompted them to craft a nifty way to present the mix, by piping it into cleverly sliced strawberries. What a treat!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 quarts fresh whole strawberries, hulled
- Pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- #18 open star pastry tip
- Crushed ice and fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, marshmallow creme and cinnamon until smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert star tip. Spoon filling into bag; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Quarter strawberries from the tip to the stem end without cutting completely through. Pipe filling into strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. If desired, serve on a bed of crushed ice and garnish with mint. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberries and Cream in Country Woman January/February 1998, p38
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberries and Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review