- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 whole fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and water. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping. Cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes.
- Spoon a third of the pudding mixture into a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the cake cubes and sliced strawberries. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whole strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Trifle
"SOOOO, Good, went so fast, i had to make another one."
"Tasty, low calorie and low fat, and beautiful! I make this for church suppers and never bring any home. And the diabetics love it!"
"We did it in individual trifles - lots of compliments!"
"This was great! One would never know it was 'lightened' up!"
"I did mine a little different/ layerd peaches/strawberries/blueberries in beween/ everyone loved it..used angel food cake for mine"
"I wish the writer would have posted both this and her Mothers original recipe for those of us who do not mind the "full fat and calorie" version. I will make this soon as the strawberry season is in full swing."
"My go to summer desert to take to many functions..the bowl always empties quick!!"
"Great trifle recipe that goes over well as a potluck."
"A family favorite - no one can believe that it's a "lite" recipe."
"Took this to a company party any it was a hit!!! Every one wanted more!"