My mother-in-law gave me this recipe, which I lightened up by using less milk, reduced-fat whipped topping and angel food cake instead of pound cake. It's good made with fresh peaches or blueberries, too. —Pamela Gainer of Sand Ridge, West Virginia
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 whole fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and water. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping. Cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes.
- Spoon a third of the pudding mixture into a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the cake cubes and sliced strawberries. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whole strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberries 'n' Cream Trifle in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Trifle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review