Strawberries 'n' Cream Trifle Recipe
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 whole fresh strawberries
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the milk and water. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping. Cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes.
- 2. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture into a 4-qt. trifle or glass bowl. Top with half of the cake cubes and sliced strawberries. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with whole strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 156 calories, 3g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Trifle
"SOOOO, Good, went so fast, i had to make another one."
"Tasty, low calorie and low fat, and beautiful! I make this for church suppers and never bring any home. And the diabetics love it!"
"We did it in individual trifles - lots of compliments!"
"This was great! One would never know it was 'lightened' up!"
"I did mine a little different/ layerd peaches/strawberries/blueberries in beween/ everyone loved it..used angel food cake for mine"
"I wish the writer would have posted both this and her Mothers original recipe for those of us who do not mind the "full fat and calorie" version. I will make this soon as the strawberry season is in full swing."
"My go to summer desert to take to many functions..the bowl always empties quick!!"
"Great trifle recipe that goes over well as a potluck."
"A family favorite - no one can believe that it's a "lite" recipe."
"Took this to a company party any it was a hit!!! Every one wanted more!"
"I used banana pudding mix instead of the vanilla and it came out great."
"I carried this to a party tonight and it was a big hit. My son was disappointed because there was only a spoonful left over for him. I'll be making it again next week.I used fat free sweetened condensed milk and fat free cool whip."
"You could use fat free sweetened condensed milk as well."
"Instead of fresh strawberries, I used the frozen. Thaw in micro-wave and layer with other layers. Just before topping with whipped topping I pour a cup of hot strawberry jello over top. The jello along with juice form the frozen strawberries sinks into the angel food cake and makes it delicious! :-) We call this our Christmas Trifle, b/c I make it every Christmas!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.