Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread Recipe
Meet the Cook: Once strawberry-picking time arrives here each summer, my husband and I look forward to this bread. Since only fresh strawberries will do, I have been thinking of trying a different kind of berry...so we can enjoy it more often. Baking is great fun for me. I have to admit, though, sweets are my weakness. On occasion, a bag of chocolate chips never makes it to the batter! -Suzanne Randall, Dexter, Maine
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- 3. Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC