Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- 3. Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread
"I gave it 4 stars as the recipe is written. It needed more strawberries. I put in 1 cup, but I think it needs at least a cup and a half to 2 cups of berries."
"I read the reviews before making this recipe, and I took everyone's advice on using 1 cup of berries. I also mashed up about a quarter cup of berries and threw that into the mix, and I omitted the nuts. I made the recipe as muffins instead of bread, with a streusel topping. They turned out so good! I am definitely making them again. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Overall taste of the bread was good, but it definitely needs more berries. I also thought the recommended bake time was too long. I baked mine for 60 minutes and it was a tad over done, but not burnt."
"After reading other reviews, I was disappointed with this bread. Just thought it was okay. It did not slice well...very crumbly."
"This was very easy to make and tasted great."
"This was a delicious bread that even the kids liked. It froze well and we are looking forward to making this again!"
"This recipe is wonderful! I used 1 cup strawberries & 1 cup pecans. It's also really good with fresh peaches & sliced almonds."
"very yummy! due to allergies, i left the walnuts out, but it was still delicious! i also used about 1 cup of strawberries, and i think it's the perfect amount! i used margarine and reduced fat sour cream and it turned out great! will make again!"
"Very good, but I will put some strawberry extract in it for more strawberry taste."
"Suzanne, I think you will find that using frozen whole strawberries, thawed and chopped, will make an acceptable substitution when fresh berries aren't available. I have a recipe that uses frozen berries in syrup, but that makes a very sweet loaf. I'm gonna try yours with the frozen whole berries!"
"YUMMY! I wasn't sure how I'd like strawberries in a bread but this sure tastes GREAT! It's great for a snack anytime of the day or, just eat it for breakfast.I like pecans and used those instead. I also put in 1 cup instead of 3/4 c. of strawberries. I made 2 batches in 1 week. I made 1 with real butter and one with margarine. The real butter one was sweeter and tasted better. I made the first one in the 8" x 4" loaf pan but made the other batch in 3 mini loaves. The mini loaves would make great gifts."