- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread
"This bread is sooo good! It is so moist, with a great flavor. I love the cinnamon in it. I don't put the nuts in. I make it for my family and friends and they all love it! I also make a sugarless version, replacing the sugar with agave sweetener and increasing the flour to 2 cups, and it is still really yummy! I definitely agree with reducing the cooking time, as mentioned in other reviews. I also bake mine in smaller loaf pans, to help it bake more evenly."
"I made this delicious bread today. This is a keeper. I made a few adjustments after reading the reviews. I used 1 1/4 cups finely diced strawberries and I set my timer for 47 minutes. It was done. I'm glad I didn't overcook it. It is always easier to add time, if needed. I used pecans instead of walnuts. Don't leave the nuts off the top. It makes this bread delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"I gave it 4 stars as the recipe is written. It needed more strawberries. I put in 1 cup, but I think it needs at least a cup and a half to 2 cups of berries."
"I read the reviews before making this recipe, and I took everyone's advice on using 1 cup of berries. I also mashed up about a quarter cup of berries and threw that into the mix, and I omitted the nuts. I made the recipe as muffins instead of bread, with a streusel topping. They turned out so good! I am definitely making them again. Thanks for the recipe!"
"Overall taste of the bread was good, but it definitely needs more berries. I also thought the recommended bake time was too long. I baked mine for 60 minutes and it was a tad over done, but not burnt."