- remaining sugar, beating on high until sugar is dissolved. Continue
- beating until soft peaks form. Spread over batter in pans.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Cool completely in pans on wire racks. (Cake layers will be
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Loosen edges of
- cakes from pans with a knife. Carefully remove one cake to a serving
- plate, meringue side up.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over top; sprinkle with sugar. Gently
- spread with half of the whipped cream. Top with remaining cake
- layer, meringue side up; spread with remaining whipped cream. Top
- with whole strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 267 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.