Straw Bale Sticks
This is my mother-Marie Parker
A side of these quick, easy, piping-hot breadsticks will make soup, salad or just about any meal better.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese and milk just until
- moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. x 6-in. rectangle; cut in half lengthwise. Cut into
- 3/4-in. strips. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds
- and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield:
- 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stick equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.