Straw Bale Sticks Recipe
This is my mother-Marie Parker A side of these quick, easy, piping-hot breadsticks will make soup, salad or just about any meal better.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese and milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- 2. Roll into a 9-in. x 6-in. rectangle; cut in half lengthwise. Cut into 3/4-in. strips. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and garlic powder.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stick: 71 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Straw Bale Sticks
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC