This is my mother-Marie Parker A side of these quick, easy, piping-hot breadsticks will make soup, salad or just about any meal better.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the baking mix, cheese and milk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Roll into a 9-in. x 6-in. rectangle; cut in half lengthwise. Cut into 3/4-in. strips. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Straw Bale Sticks in Reminisce April/May 2011, p57
Reviews for Straw Bale Sticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review