- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham (4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan; add the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham and garlic for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese sauce.
- Drain fettuccine. Add to sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Straw and Hay
Sort By :
Excellent tasty way to use leftover ham. I would like to try with shrimp as the submitter suggested.