- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham (4 ounces)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a blender, combine the milk, cottage cheese and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small saucepan; add the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham and garlic for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese sauce.
- Drain fettuccine. Add to sauce; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Straw and Hay in Country Woman January/February 2002, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Straw and Hay
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2009
Excellent tasty way to use leftover ham. I would like to try with shrimp as the submitter suggested.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >