This colorful salad gets a gold star for versatility-it's ideal with most any entree. Plus, its mild mustard vinaigrette comes together in mere minutes.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown or horseradish mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoons pepper
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- Tomato wedges and cucumber slices
- For dressing, combine the first six ingredients in a blender; cover
- and process until smooth. In a salad bowl, combine the greens,
- tomato and cucumber; add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8
- servings (3/4 cup dressing).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 148 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.