- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove from pan.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to same pan; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, mix soup, tarragon and lemon juice until blended; pour over vegetables. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Top with zucchini; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stovetop Tarragon Chicken
"Didn't really care for this. Made exactly as instructed but probably won't make again."
"My picky toddler didn't like it but my husband and I loved it."
"We really enjoyed this dish! I made one change though, I added a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese at the end and melted it for about 5 minutes."
"I love tarragon and chicken and canned soup makes a good sauce so I thought it was good. I thought it had plenty of flavor with the tarragon and paprika but I don't measure so maybe I used more. I also saut?ed my chicken in butter and the mushrooms too so maybe that helped. My husband REALLY loved it!"
"This was basically a good recipe, but we found it very bland. We loved all the veggies that went into it, but there was not very much taste. A little lemon pepper sprinkled on top worked wonders!"