- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned; remove from pan.
- Add carrots and mushrooms to same pan; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, mix soup, tarragon and lemon juice until blended; pour over vegetables. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 8 minutes. Top with zucchini; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165° and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stovetop Tarragon Chicken
"I made this tonight and we both really enjoyed it. The only change I made was to use regular cream of chicken soup, but followed the recipe for the rest of it. Easy to make and very tasty. I will make this again!"
"Didn't really care for this. Made exactly as instructed but probably won't make again."
"My picky toddler didn't like it but my husband and I loved it."
"The lemon juice really enhances the salt flavor and I use regular cream of chicken, asparagus or celery or both (usually two cans). I make this a lot and hubby loves it. It is easy and delicious. For those who think it bland, just as add salt and pepper. Easy.Thanks. : )"
"This is a really quick and easy dish. By itself its about a 3/5 or a 4/5, but if you serve it over garlic/bacon mashed potatoes it is awesome!"
"We really enjoyed this dish! I made one change though, I added a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese at the end and melted it for about 5 minutes."
"This was very quick and easy to make and looked very pretty on the plate! The sauce was a bit bland for our tastes but that's an easy fix!"
"Although the chicken came out really good, the sauce (which is really just undiluted soup) was terrible. I will.not be making this again."
"I love tarragon and chicken and canned soup makes a good sauce so I thought it was good. I thought it had plenty of flavor with the tarragon and paprika but I don't measure so maybe I used more. I also saut?ed my chicken in butter and the mushrooms too so maybe that helped. My husband REALLY loved it!"
"This was basically a good recipe, but we found it very bland. We loved all the veggies that went into it, but there was not very much taste. A little lemon pepper sprinkled on top worked wonders!"