Stovetop Spicy Pork Recipe
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork and onion in oil. Add the tomato sauce, water, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Stir in the corn, green pepper and pimientos. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 387 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 847 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.