- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork and onion in oil. Add the tomato sauce, water, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the corn, green pepper and pimientos. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Spicy Pork in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p61
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Stovetop Spicy Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2011
I thought this was a delicious and easy recipe. I'm not a huge fan of pork, so I was pleased to find that this was so delicious.