Stovetop Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon sticks and fresh fruit, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in rice and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and sugar. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; stir in butter.
- Serve warm or chilled. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and fruit if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Stovetop Rice Pudding(11)
Sort By :
How the heck do I get this page to stop cycling? I am trying to get some information on how to improve my simlple baked-in-the-oven rice pudding? 1 *
This is like the rice pudding my mother made when I was growing up. I duplicated it the other night but used already cooked Chinese rice we don't normally eat. So thrilled to be able to have it again. Now I just need raisins!! Try it with Pumpkin Pie spice sprinkled on it. DELICIOUS!!
just made this and absolutely loved it ...have tried many other recipes, but this one is easy and the most creamy with just the right amount of sweetness. Did not alter recipe and will definitely make it again.
This was easy to make and the taste is great. I added a bit more sugar than the recipe called for but I wish I had made it as per the recipe because I think it would have been plenty sweet with just 1/2 c. sugar. I added a little vanilla after it thickened and sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon on top. I will definitely make this again.
Best rice pudding recipe I've found so far. A recommendation, let the rice cook a bit longer than the 15 minutes in the recipe, it was a little bit chewy. Otherwise a simple and tasty recipe.