Stovetop Pork Dinner
Sometimes it's nice to combine a recipe's ingredients into one pan and simmer it on the stove, instead of turning on the oven. That's why I appreciate this recipe.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 8 small new potatoes, optional
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- In a large skillet, cook pork for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Add potatoes if desired and
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, garlic salt,
- Worcestershire sauce and thyme; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in peas and carrots; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum