Stovetop Pork Chops with Apples Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1. Combine the salt, pie spice, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Top with onion, potato and apple slices.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potato is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 386 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Stovetop Pork Chops with Apples
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.