- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Combine the salt, pie spice, nutmeg and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Top with onion, potato and apple slices.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and apple juice until smooth; pour into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14-16 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potato is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stovetop Pork Chops with Apples
Sort By :
"We liked this recipe very much. I added cinnamon and cooked the apples only until slightly tender."
"WHADDA DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!Used only the freshest and best ingredients and ended up with rubbery chops with non descript fruits and veggies in a bland sauce."