A burst of butter and a colorful array of vegetables make this pretty pasta side good enough for company. Use a blend of exotic mushrooms to make it extra special. —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as portobello, button and/orshiitake), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots in oil for 2 minutes. Add peas and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Add pine nuts; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Drain orzo; stir in the shallot mixture, butter, salt and pepper until blended. Sprinkle with red pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Orzo Medley in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p60
Reviews for Stovetop Orzo Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review