Stovetop Orzo Medley Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as portobello, button and/orshiitake), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots in oil for 2 minutes. Add peas and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Add pine nuts; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Drain orzo; stir in the shallot mixture, butter, salt and pepper until blended. Sprinkle with red pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 203 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Stovetop Orzo Medley
"I have made this twice then lost the recipe. I have spent 2 days trying to find it and I did. I will be making it Satuday for a cook out. YUMMY!!!"
"This is such a flavorful & EASY dish to make! Added some chicken so it would fill my husband up a little beter and it was PERFECT!! its a staple in my home"
"This is really good and fresh and left me feeling healthy!"