- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound fresh snow peas
- 1/2 pound assorted fresh mushrooms (such as portobello, button and/orshiitake), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots in oil for 2 minutes. Add peas and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Add pine nuts; cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Drain orzo; stir in the shallot mixture, butter, salt and pepper until blended. Sprinkle with red pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Orzo Medley in Taste of Home April/May 2011, p60
Reviews for Stovetop Orzo Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2012
"I have made this twice then lost the recipe. I have spent 2 days trying to find it and I did. I will be making it Satuday for a cook out. YUMMY!!!"
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2011
"This is really good and fresh and left me feeling healthy!"