Stovetop Meat Loaves
Who says meat loaf has to bake in the oven for hours? For this convenient recipe, all you need is your stovetop and 30 minutes. “It’s a fast and easy recipe to make for one or two people,” notes Emily Sund from Geneseo, Illinois.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves.
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown loaves on all sides; drain.
- Combine the cornstarch, tomato sauce and water until smooth. Pour
- over meat loaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover
- and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 meatloaf equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.