Who says meat loaf has to bake in the oven for hours? For this convenient recipe, all you need is your stovetop and 30 minutes. “It’s a fast and easy recipe to make for one or two people,” notes Emily Sund from Geneseo, Illinois.
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Italian tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two loaves.
- In a small nonstick skillet, brown loaves on all sides; drain. Combine the cornstarch, tomato sauce and water until smooth. Pour over meat loaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Meat Loaves in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p26
Reviews for Stovetop Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review