- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, water, soup mix, Italian seasoning and, if desired, pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-9 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stovetop Italian Macaroni
Sort By :
I read all the reviews and added more spices, garlic. Italian, onion. It tasted good. All I will do next time is use more macaroni or less meat and a little more liquid.
I am not a cook and was trying to find a recipe that was tasty and easy to make for my husband. It was good but not great in my opinion it is lacking something but not being a cook I can not figure out what! lol I did take the advise of other reviews and use real onion and broth instead of the soup mix as I did not want too much salt. But it is still just a little lacking. My husband said it was great but I think he is just encouraging me to cook! lol
I put too much salt in it, but could tell that it would be good. I will only make it when the hubby is working out of town.....he hated it! Calls that kind of dish, 'slop.'
My taste buds must have been on vacation as I felt that this recipe was very lacking. It has great eye appeal. However it does fall short in the taste Dept. It really needs more of everything. The ingredients sure look interesting. But I feel that the finished recipe needs some changes. Some extra liquid would have helped. And hands down more cheese. Perhaps less meat?
It certainly would be one to play with.
This recipe was like taking your taste buds to a day the waterpark! The food slides right off the fork into a big splash of flavor right on your tongue! Nice work people!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >