Stovetop Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked red potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the potatoes, corn, tomato sauce, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 508 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 1,172 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.